Thank you to all who came to watch it. We had a massive turnout with one complete sell-out on Friday and more than 40 seats out of 50 sold on each of the other performances! We couldn't be happier.
And by all accounts, our audiences gave it the thumbs up! We even had some nice comments from reviewers, including:
- Claire Garrigan has both the appearance and intensity of Frances Barber and was compelling throughout
- Richard Armah’s Lorenzo was charming
- Obi Obiora’s Salerino [was] hugely entertaining
- Komal Amin as Portia convincingly portrayed the manipulative heiress
- Charlie Frost makes the fortune-hunting bisexual Bassanio as nice a guy as it is possible to do, and Ellis McFarland is a gloriously thuggish Gratiano
We producers are currently in talks with our fine director Carol Allen about taking the show to a bigger venue later this year.
Watch this space!